Scottish Programming Languages Seminar
Wednesday, 26th October 2022
The Scottish Programming Languages Seminar (SPLS)
is an informal meeting for discussing anything related to
This edition of SPLS will be held both in-person
The in-person meeting will take place in the
Cottrell Building, room 2A73
at the University of Stirling.
This edition of SPLS is sponsored by SICSA.
09:30 — 12:00 PhD EVENT
In-person event for PhD students, organised by the SPLI.
- 09:30 — 10:00 Breakfast & welcome
- 10:00 — 11:00 University & SPLI presentation
- 11:30 — 12:00 Live Q&A; you can send in your questions anonymously here.
12:00 — 13:00 LUNCH
13:00 — 14:00 SESSION 1: Program Transformations
Anton Lorenzen (Edinburgh)
Balanced Search Tree Insertion:
Functional is Top-down is Bottom-up
Ryan Kirkpatrick (St Andrews)
Automated Thread Placement via Dynamic Binary Instrumentation
14:00 — 14:30 COFFEE
14:30 — 15:30 SESSION 2: Semantics
Jacques Carette (McMaster)
Sam Lindley (Edinburgh)
Encoding Product Types
15:30 — 16:00 COFFEE
16:00 — 17:00 SESSION 3: Behavioural Types
Katarzyna Marek (Edinburgh)
A Sound and Complete View-based Regex Parser
Simon Fowler (Glasgow)
Special Delivery: Programming with Mailbox Types
17:00 — late PUB
- Please register by 20th October on the SPLS Doodle poll if you plan to attend SPLS in person.
- Please register by 20th October on the PhD event Doodle poll if you plan to attend the PhD event.
- Registration is required for catering. There are no COVID restrictions on attendance. Mask wearing in packed indoor areas is encouraged, as is testing before attending.
- Getting to Stirling (by public transport, car, ...)
- Parking on Campus (not free)
- Free on-street parking is available about 20 minutes on foot from the Cottrell Building, e.g. at the top of Kenilworth Road.
Map of the Cottrell Building
(email: email@example.com) and
André Videla (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)